Instagram advertising is considered one of the most effective ways to promote a business’s products and services. It is also used to improve brand awareness and engage with your targeted customers. However, there are times when IG ads are not approved.
There are several reasons why Instagram ads are disapproved. However, that doesn’t mean that you can no longer use this social media platform in promoting your products and services. Chances are, your ads are not properly optimised or not properly set up.
A Glimpse About the Ad Review Process
Both Instagram and Facebook ads are reviewed first according to advertising policies before they can show up. The following are examined during the ad review process:
- Functionality and post-click content
Ads are usually reviewed within a day, though other ads may take longer. A notification will be sent to know if the ad is approved or not.
Common Reasons Why Your Ads Are Not Approved
You may have been wondering why your Instagram ad is not approved. Here are some of the possible reasons:
Your Instagram Is Not Set Up Properly
When your Instagram business account is not set up correctly, you can’t create and run Instagram advertising properly. You should also be an admin of your brand’s Facebook page since IG ads are created using Facebook Ads Manager.
Ads Do Not Comply with the Guidelines
Instagram ads must adhere to Facebook’s advertising guidelines and policies before they are approved. The following may be the basis of your ads being banned or rejected on the platform:
- Unlawful, fraudulent or misleading claim
- Providing inaccurate information
- Selling, buying and transferring any of your account’s aspects
- Soliciting or utilising badges or credentials of other users
- Publishing confidential or private information that will violate intellectual property and other people’s rights
- Violation of Facebook and Instagram Community Guidelines and Policies
- Utilising a username or URL without Instagram’s prior written consent
- Impairing or interfering with the targeted operation of the service
- Attempting to create or collect information through unauthorised methods
Incorrect Format of Ads
There are various Instagram ad formats, and business owners must know how to use the best one to avoid being disapproved. Some of these formats include carousel ads, photo ads, video ads, storied ads, explore ads and collection ads.
Failure to Target the Right Audience
Targeting the right audience is also a crucial element to have your ads approved. If you fail to do so, your Instagram ads will not deliver effectively.
Make sure to become familiar with your target market’s details, including demographics, location, interest, automated targeting, lookalike audiences and behaviours.
Wrong Ad Content
When you include prohibited content, it can lead to the disapproval of your ads. Make sure that your ad:
- Is not too invasive, sales-y and promotional
- Represents and reflects your brand
- Delivers the main message across the ad copy and the image
- Appeals and provides information to your audience
- Inspires and appeals to the viewers
Since IG is an image-sharing platform, make sure to use a high-quality image for your logo for the ad campaign.
Not Monitoring Instagram Insights
When you fail to monitor the Instagram ad insights (impressions, reach and interactions), you will not understand your audience’s behaviour and will fail to know what needs to be improved.
Ads Are Not Properly Optimised
When you fail to optimise your post-click landing page, your ads may not deliver properly. It should work on mobile, too. Make sure to use an effective call-to-action button to make the ads more enticing.
You can still appeal a disapproved ad on Instagram. You can either edit your ad or resubmit for review. Or, you can appeal the decision through the Request Review form. Don’t let a disapproved Instagram ad hamper your business goals. Make sure to work with a reliable digital marketing agency to achieve excellent results.
For effective Instagram advertising in Perth, you can contact us here at Lethal. We help convert your followers into loyal customers. Get in touch with us to get started!