In 2021, Apple released an update to its iOS operating system that included significant changes to its devices’ makeshift. The update, categorised as iOS14, had placed big limits on what apps and advertisers could track, as well as the type of information from Apple device users that are accessible.
That considerable shift, along with other changes in data privacy over the last period, has had a profound impact on how businesses advertise with Facebook. As a result, it’s tougher to have feasible insights and easier for users to avoid ads, which significantly decreases the effectiveness of Facebook ads.
It’s recommended to get in touch with a digital marketing expert to understand how to get in with the times despite this shift in Facebook ads. Continue reading to learn more.
What Is Facebook Advertising Like?
Facebook advertising is deemed an efficient method to reach your target market. The social media platform has over 2 billion active users, so there’s a good chance your target market is on Facebook.
The way Facebook advertising works is you create an ad campaign and then target it to a specific audience. It’s simple to target by location, age, gender, interests, and even by what device they are using. Once you have created your ad, you then need to create a landing page that can capture the visitor’s information, such as their email address or phone number.
How Is Facebook Advertising Changing?
Facebook advertising is changing, with evidence showing that the social media platform is becoming less effective for advertisers without a proper digital marketing plan. Here are some note-worthy points about the change:
- Smaller Targeting. Previously, Facebook allowed advertisers to target their ads to specific audiences, such as people in a certain location, of a certain age, or who had specific interests. However, Facebook is now limiting the number of ways that advertisers can target their ads.
- Inaccurate Reporting. Facebook would report how many people saw an ad and its clicks. However, there can be some discrepancies that can make it frustrating to accurately measure a campaign’s effectiveness. For instance, a campaign may seem to achieve a 10% conversion rate with the data it shows, but, in reality, the conversion rate was only 2%.
- Limited Conversions. Facebook advertising used to have its own algorithm place where the ads would be going, which can entail automated optimisation and higher conversions. However, businesses must now make their own decisions about where to put their ads while having a limit of eight conversions per website.
How Should You Approach Using Facebook Ads?
There are different ways to approach using Facebook ads and achieve your digital marketing goals. It’s possible to use different ad campaigns, keep people on the platform, and curate placement optimisation. Here’s more information on that:
- Utilise Different Ad Campaigns. Using different ad campaigns can help you target different audiences and get more out of your Facebook advertising. Make well-curated campaigns for different products or services or target different demographics, interests, or behaviours.
- Keep People on the Platform. Keeping people on the platform can help you keep your audience as engaged and interested in your ads as possible. Try to have a plan to create interactive ads that people can explore without leaving Facebook.
- Practice Placement Optimisation. Practising placement optimisation can help you ensure that your ads have been viewed by the right people. When done correctly, it can also target people who have already interacted with your business.
In conclusion, advertising with Facebook Ads has shifted dramatically in the last few years. It is now much more important than ever to seek professional services in order to create and manage effective ad campaigns before 2022 ends.
Want to invest in your Facebook advertising? Lethal is a high-quality website design company, creating sites with a lead generation strategy, email nurturing strategy, and conversion strategy. Get in touch with us today!